Latest Fishing News
Eurofins Radiation Lab ReportMay 27, 2015
How ocean-friendly is your canned tuna?May 27, 2015
Your little can of tuna is faced with some weighty issues. The next time you’re at the supermarket choosing which brand to buy, you might want answers to how and where the fish was caught, if the fishing method destroyed other sea life, and how healthy the ocean tuna stocks are to warrant the magnitude of fishing….
Read more (The Boston Globe)
Skipjack tuna sector in midst of ‘perfect storm’May 27, 2015
The skipjack tuna sector is in the midst of one of the toughest times ever, said several veteran sources during the Thaifex-World of Food Asia trade show, in Bangkok, Thailand….
Read more (Undercurrent News)
Sustainable Fishing: A No-Nets Approach To Catching Tuna In The PhilippinesMay 27, 2015
In partnership with the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), those who fish the waters here in the town of Mamburao are using traditional handlines rather than large trawler nets in the deep waters off Mindoro Strait, in a bid to position the area as a Philippine hub of sustainable tuna fishing….
Read more (Worldcrunch)
Fishermen’s News Online – Wednesday, May 20, 2015May 27, 2015
Spanish Cannery Commitment to SustainabilityMay 27, 2015
Galician cannery Frinsa del Noroeste S.A., headquartered in Ribeira, Province of La Coruña, Spain, is one of Europe’s leading canned fish and seafood companies and the world’s eighth largest buyer of tuna….
Read more (Fish & Information Services)
Students Demand Aramark Serve Sustainably Caught TunaMay 27, 2015
I remember the first time I saw a sea turtle. It was at an exhibit but it was still the most beautiful creature that I have ever seen….
Read more (EcoWatch)
Clipper Oil News – May 15, 2015May 17, 2015
Important Vessel Notifications
Comments on: International Affairs; High Seas Fishing Compliance Act; Permitting and Monitoring of U.S. High Seas Fishing VesselsMay 11, 2015
2015 USCG Vessel RequirementsMay 7, 2015
2015 Harvest LogsMay 1, 2015
PMA PresentationMay 1, 2015
Casualty ReportsFebruary 15, 2015
Important Vessel Information for MarinersFebruary 1, 2015
Mariners are advise to use caution while transiting these areas.
View Information (JPEG)
AFRF AnnouncementJune 10, 2014
American Fishermen’s Research Foundation (AFRF) is planning on conducting an early archival tagging trip in the NW this July. Any qualified vessel can apply by requesting an application from AFRF at: 530-229-1097 or; firstname.lastname@example.org. The duration of these generally run from 4-8 days and pays $3,600/day and $400/day for fuel. Boats need to be able…http://americanalbacore.com/afrf-announcement
Thanks to 2015 Donors:
- Brent Bixler: Avocadoes
- Ocean Imaging: (2) 1 month free Sea View Services
- Westport Seafood: 5 Certificates, each redeem 100 scoops of live bait.
- Trident Seafoods : 1 pair of sweatpants, 1 sweatshirt, 2 hats
- Holiday Inn Bayside : 1 round of drinks for up to 4 people, 2 appetizers.
- Jack & Natalie Webster: 2 Custom wood Gift Baskets of American Tuna, American Tuna T-shirts, and Scampis.
- Furuno : 30 Furuno Golf Towels
- AAFA :1 XL Sweatshirt, 2 XL Shirts
- Masco Petroleum: 2 Gift Certificates for 50 gallons of diesel
- Marine Group: Free Haul Out for a vessel up to 300 tons.
- Clipper Oil Company: $100 Gift Certificate to Ruth Chris Steak House
- Chuck’s Seafoood: Tuna Gift Bag
- Universal: $250 NordstromVisa Gift Card / Gift Basket
- Englund Marine: Shirts, Sweatshirts, and Hats
- Point Loma Seafoods: 2 $50 Gift Certificates
- Carl & Rhonda: Handmade Sea Shell Picture Frame
- Global Star USA – SPOT Trace Unit (Value $99.95) bringing to meeting
- Andy & Bobby Blocker – Gift Basket