Latest Fishing News
Tuna takes spotlight for Oregon’s summer fisheriesJuly 3, 2015
NEWPORT — Albacore tuna, Thunnus alalunga, are built for speed. Their torpedo-shaped bodies sport smooth skin and streamlined fins that help these large predatory fish cross the world’s oceans with ease….
Read more (The World)
Planning urged over possible revenue declineJuly 3, 2015The CEO of the Parties to the Nauru Agreement (PNA) is urging its members to plan ahead for the damaging effects of possible tuna revenue decline….Read more (Undercurrent News)
Bangkok skipjack price leaps for July deliveries with FAD ban underwayJuly 3, 2015
Prices up around $150/t for July deliveries, with tuna canners resisting and not happy with steep rate of increase, despite start of FAD ban in western Pacific….
Read more (Undercurrent News)
Eating Fish And Veggies May Lower Risk Of Death, Study SuggestsJuly 3, 2015
A recent study conducted by Swedish researchers observed that eating plenty of fish and vegetables reduces the chance of death by at least 20% for older people and for general men and women adults….
Read more (Food World News)
Tuna price slump worries Ecuadorian exportersJuly 3, 2015
The collapse of tuna prices in the international market generates concern in the Ecuadorian export sector, even when entrepreneurs point out that, at present, they maintain the export volume….
Read more (Fish & Information Services)
Fishermen’s News Online – Wednesday, July 1, 2015July 2, 2015
Pacific fisheries plan for tuna revenue dropJuly 2, 2015
The chief executive of the Parties to the Nauru Agreement is urging members to plan for tuna revenue declines….
Read more (Radio New Zealand)
Clipper Oil News – June 29, 2015July 2, 2015
Important Vessel Notifications
Pending Legislation: Fisheries Off West Coast States; Highly Migratory Species Fishery Management Plan; Revision to Prohibited Species RegulationsJune 24, 2015
Canadian Treaty – Important Information 2015 SeasonJune 13, 2015
The treaty between the governments of Canada and the United States on Pacific Albacore Tuna Vessels and Port Privileges was signed in 1981….
View treaty information (NOAA Fisheries)
EMTU/communication services are no longer approved for compliance with VMS requirements in United States federal fisheries, after September 30, 2015June 5, 2015
Today’s Federal Register includes an revision to the list of approved EMTUs – which may become important should NMFS move forward with requiring EMTUs on high seas permitted vessels. See – http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2015-06-05/pdf/2015-13675.pdf. In short, the following EMTU/communication services are no longer approved for compliance with VMS requirements in United States federal fisheries, after September 30,…http://americanalbacore.com/emtucommunication-services-are-no-longer-approved-for-compliance-with-vms-requirements-in-united-states-federal-fisheries-after-september-30-2015
Proposed Federal Rule re Revision to Prohibited Species RegulationsJune 5, 2015
This proposed rule was published in today’s federal register which will allow HMS permitted fishermen (incl Albacore fishermen) to retain Salmon and Pacific halibut, if all of the necessary regulations for those respective fisheries are followed (ie – permits, season is open, using proper gear and not in a closed area or in an area…http://americanalbacore.com/proposed-federal-rule-re-revision-to-prohibited-species-regulations
Comments on: International Affairs; High Seas Fishing Compliance Act; Permitting and Monitoring of U.S. High Seas Fishing VesselsMay 11, 2015
2015 USCG Vessel RequirementsMay 7, 2015
2015 Harvest LogsMay 1, 2015
PMA PresentationMay 1, 2015
Thanks to 2015 Donors:
- Brent Bixler: Avocadoes
- Ocean Imaging: (2) 1 month free Sea View Services
- Westport Seafood: 5 Certificates, each redeem 100 scoops of live bait.
- Trident Seafoods : 1 pair of sweatpants, 1 sweatshirt, 2 hats
- Holiday Inn Bayside : 1 round of drinks for up to 4 people, 2 appetizers.
- Jack & Natalie Webster: 2 Custom wood Gift Baskets of American Tuna, American Tuna T-shirts, and Scampis.
- Furuno : 30 Furuno Golf Towels
- AAFA :1 XL Sweatshirt, 2 XL Shirts
- Masco Petroleum: 2 Gift Certificates for 50 gallons of diesel
- Marine Group: Free Haul Out for a vessel up to 300 tons.
- Clipper Oil Company: $100 Gift Certificate to Ruth Chris Steak House
- Chuck’s Seafoood: Tuna Gift Bag
- Universal: $250 NordstromVisa Gift Card / Gift Basket
- Englund Marine: Shirts, Sweatshirts, and Hats
- Point Loma Seafoods: 2 $50 Gift Certificates
- Carl & Rhonda: Handmade Sea Shell Picture Frame
- Global Star USA – SPOT Trace Unit (Value $99.95) bringing to meeting
- Andy & Bobby Blocker – Gift Basket